UNSERE ZUKUNFT

Selber denken und verantwortlich handeln. Lasst uns nachhaltig etwas bewegen!

Save Cambodia's Elephants From New Titanium Mine

in Umweltschutz 10.02.2011 11:24
von acte • 585 Beiträge

The 5 million-acre Cardamom Mountain rainforest is home to more than 100 endangered Asian elephants -- the largest population in Cambodia. But this vital habitat is in danger of being destroyed.

The United Khmer Group mining company is in the early stages of developing a titanium mine that could devastate the entire ecosystem in the Cardamom Mountains. The mine would be situated in the middle of the Southwest Elephant Corridor, putting the elephants and at least 74 other endangered or vulnerable species at risk.

The Cardamom Mountains are one of the last intact rainforests in Southeast Asia and a model for conservation and community-based sustainable economic development. But the rainforest's wildlife, and its growing reputation as an ecotourism destination, would be destroyed forever for just a few years of mineral extraction.

A decision about the mines is likely to be made this Friday, February 11. Speak up for the elephants. Tell Cambodia's Minister of Commerce to halt construction of the titanium mine.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeactio.../?z00m=19939327

nach oben springen

RE: Save Cambodia's Elephants From New Titanium Mine

in Umweltschutz 10.02.2011 11:35
von Wilhard • 495 Beiträge

Nr. 28.721 - danke, Annette!

Konvertiert vom U....sten zum Realisten!

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1058 Themen und 5119 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 800 Benutzer (29.03.2015 23:04).